Working with the Audubon Nature Institute, in New Orleans, Technifex developed customized “fallen tree” themed seating and special effects for the Immersion Theater as a way to educate and entertain audiences. The seats include motion-bases and effects such as face misters, air blasts, scents, leg ticklers, buzzers and air bladders while the in-theater effects include wind and water spritzers. Technifex programmed the overhead and seat effects to coincide with the original film produced for the theater. For unsuspecting audiences, the addition of bugs running under their seats and wind keeps guests excited and on the edge of their seats.
- Technifex Scope of Work: Design, Engineering, Fabrication & Programming of Custom 4D Theater Seats and Effects
- Product: 4D Theater System
- Client: Audubon Nature Institute
- Media Production: Super 78
- Location: New Orleans, LA
- Opened: 2007