The Capitol Theater in Fort Edmonton Park is a reproduction of the original Capitol Theater circa 1929. The 247 seat theater presents an ongoing multimedia production of the show “Northern Lights”, a 4D theater experience for which Technifex designed, produced and installed multiple effects.
A seat rumble effect that is felt by the audience during critical points in the presentation is produced by 128 “ButtKicker” transducers that are backed by tens of thousands of watts of low frequency audio power. Snow machines mounted above the audience deliver a light dusting of “snow” and a smoke effect from a steam locomotive’s smoke stack provides an incredible sense of realism when a “train” appears on stage during this dynamic and historical presentation.
- Photo Credit: Artisan Design
- Technifex Scope: 4D Theater Seats, In-Theater Effects, Stage Effects and Control
- Project Designer and Producer: Artisan Design
- Lighting Designer: Visual Terrain
- Client: Fort Edmonton Park
- Opened: 2011